Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Twitch

I'm starting to get that summertime twitch, the one where I become so lazy and inactive that my mental muscles begin to spasm ever so slightly.  This happens in the summer when I transition from non-stop grading, lesson planning, emailing to families, and teaching to a vast and endless expanse of unfilled, unscheduled time.  And I'm not complaining, I'm really not.  But, the twitch is always just a little off-putting.

Last night I slept like the dead and did not pull myself from sleep until 9am.  (I should note here that I am a morning person and am typically chipper and bouncing around the house no later than 7:30, even on weekends.)  Then I was very productive: I called my phone company to discuss my bill, I sent several emails, and I prepared celery and peanut butter.  After that overwhelming morning, I felt I needed a rest on the couch.

See what I mean about the lazy summer twitch?  Last weekend Greg kept asking if I was okay because my response time during conversations has slowed to a stuttering crawl.  My brain is hibernating, whadaya want from me?  It's summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment